Here at Racegear.com we like to give back to the racing community, we like to do anything we can to help get our young talent out there. This week we have Jacob Wilkinson. An up and coming dirt racer with some amazing talent. Read a little about Jacob, and see his pictures and video below. If you would like to be featured here just email email@example.com and we will be glad to feature you as well!
1. Name: Jacob Wilkinson
2. Age: 14
3. How long have you been racing? I turned my first lap, on a race track, in June of 2014. I had to wait for my 12th birthday, before I could start racing.
4. Where did you start racing? (Type of car or division) I started racing in the same car that I currently race. I drive a 1987 Porsche 944, in the UMP Sport Compact division.
5. Biggest personal racing accomplishment so far? I would say that my biggest personal racing accomplishment would be the entire 2015 race season. Being my first full season, in the car, I never could of dreamed of having as great of a season that I had. I clenched two track championships last season at Daugherty Speedway and Vermilion County Speedway. A combined season of 21 heat race wins and 11 feature wins. The whole season was just a great achievement, especially with me only being 13. A lot of people couldnt believe it when they learned that I was only a kid.
6. What’s the hardest thing about being a race car driver? The hardest thing about being a race car driver would have to be working on it. My dad and I work in the shop every night, to get the car ready for my next race. There isn’t a night that we aren’t in the shop.
7. Favorite thing to do outside of the race car? Outside of the race car, I enjoy riding 4 wheelers, go karts and snowmobiles. I also like to hang out with my friends, and watch racing.
8. Favorite Track? My favorite track would have to be my home track, Daugherty Speedway. It is a 3/8 mile dirt track located in Chase, Indiana. I like this track a lot because its super fast, and you can hold the throttle wide open.
9. Favorite Race Car Driver? My favorite Nascar driver is Dale Earnhardt. When it comes to dirt track racing I have several. To name only a few, Jerrad Krick, Nick Allen, Devin Gilpin, and Bobby Pierce.
10. Racing goals? My racing goals for the remainder of the season are to finish in the top 5 Ump Sport Compact National point standings, and to finish the season out strong. My racing goals for the future are, to win some national titles, But my biggest goal is to one day get the opportunity and sponsorship to reach my goal of racing in the Super Late Model division.
https://www.facebook.com/WilkinsonRacing76jr/ This is the link to Wilkinson Racings Facebook Page. This is the best way to stay up to date on all race results, pictures, video, etc.. We do have a you tube page also. Just Search Wilkinson Racing in the you tube search bar.